Thursday, November 10, 2011

Plymouth's 250th Anniversary History for School Programs

I've been so busy lately that I've done no more than think about my commemorative book.  However, I did meet with a friend who is involved in the 250th Anniversary planning and ran my book idea by her.  I was pleased to get her input.

We're also discussing my going into the area schools with programs concerning the town and its history.  What slant should this take?

  • NH History...in the fourth grade curriculum
  • Local town history, which some 3rd grades study
  • Writing and researching history
  • Turning history into fiction stories
  • Interviewing people about their memories
  • Finding out family history as it applies to the town.
  • Creative writing
It's such fun to brainstorm and see in which direction I can go with these programs and my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment